Friday 28 November 2014

Locations

I wanted a specific look in my video, so location is very important as my mise-en-scene is one of the most important things in my video. My mise-en-scene needs to be rather bright in terms of natural light as the video is going to be in black and white. I took into great consideration on what location I will pick; I will need two locations, one being a darker room and the other being a house environment such as a bedroom or a living room.  Many of my shots are artistic close ups so it is irrelevant about the location of filming.

Location: Bedroom
Filming Location: My House


Filming at my own house is easier as I do not have to worry about anything but when my actors/actresses come round, I will be able to set up equipment easier and do not have to worry about as many health and safety risks.  I do not have to spend time worry about location permission which means I can get more shooting done. I have chosen to include a bedroom in my video as it follows the narrative well as it was once a place they shared, loved and the most intimate in however it becomes a place they both despise which is reflected in  the narrative. The location will have to be deliberately messed up however that is rather simple and due to it being at my own house very possible.

*add image* 

Location: Bathroom
Filming Location: My House

Again filming at my own house will be easier for all the reasons stated above. However in the bathroom I think filming in my own house is more important as I can move around mirrors and position certain pieces to enhance my mise-en-scene without any trouble. The reason the bath room is in the video is because it is a place that is very personal to a person they are themselves in a bathroom and they see themselves in the mirror. This is a place that the female in my video will go to cry and reflect on things. Lighting and camera position in the bathroom scene is very important as mirrors are involved so being in my own house again has huge advantages. 

*add images*


Location: General street areas
Filming Location: Various

I will be filming around my local area, because it will be easy to gain access during night times and get correct type of shots because I can spend as long as I need for the shot. 

*add images* 

Location: Around the college area
Filming Location: Woodland

I will be filming in a woodland location close to the college area, I have previously filmed in this location so I know how to set up in the area, this location will be very good for the mise-en-scene of my last couple of shots. 

*add image*     

No comments:

Post a Comment