Monday 10 November 2014

Places my video will feature


For my audience to access my music video and the content I need to consider what websites I will need to post the video onto. Currently they’re hundreds of websites that host music videos, if that be Vevo, YouTube, Vimeo etc. Also they’re many social media websites that will embed content such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc.  
The first place the video will be posted is YouTube this is because YouTube is the biggest video sharing platform the site has “More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month” as stated by their website.  This will be an easy way for all of my audience to access the video. YouTube is a very interactive format as it allows people to comment on the video and share the video onto social media, this type of interaction creates interest around the video and allows other audiences to have access to your video easily. Posting my video on YouTube will allow me to embed my video onto my Website and my Blog. Along with YouTube I can post the video on similar sites such as Vevo and Vimeo, both of these sites have slightly different audiences. For example Vimeo is often used to post short films and more artists movies, and the audience is less ‘casual’ than YouTube. Vimeo allows you to gain feedback about the video from a mature and experienced audience.

The video can also be posted on social networks such as Twitter; the video can be posted on the artists twitter so the fans know when the video goes live. Twitter allows people to ‘retweet’ tweets so all of their follows will see the video too. Twitter allows you to reach a mass audience fast.  Facebook also has a similar use but reaches a different audience and allows you to add more of a write up along with the video link.   



No comments:

Post a Comment